Senior Product Desginer
Do you love dogs? What if you could bring your dog to work? A Mars backed company helps animal owners track the location, health and activity of their furry loved ones. This startup located in San Francisco provides a GPS tracker that monitors all of these things in order to ensure their pet is healthy and happy. The owner can track on a mobile app, which is why the team wants to hire a senior product designer.
This person will be leading the mobile app for both iOS and Android as a sole designer. In 2019, the team will be expanding the design team so this designer should be autonomous, comfortable with both visual and UX skills, and end to end including some research.
The main project for the mobile app includes adding a mapping component and building out new features similar to “Find My iPhone” and collaborating with other teams for strategy and product decision making.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years of professional experience building out complex, single page applications
- Strong prototyping skills
- Recent experience building out mobile apps on both iOS and Android
- Comfortable doing end to end for both visual and UX skills
- Ability to be autonomous
- Clear communication and collaboration with other team members
Desired Skills & Experience
- Completed degree in Product Design, HCI or another relevant degree
- Background in consumer experience and applications
- Ability to think big picture and the strategy for a product
- Past experience building out a team and leading other designers
- Past experience as a sole designer
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Visual
- 50% UX
- 60% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.