Senior UI Developer
One of the largest insurance companies in North America is looking for a senior UI developer who will also be part of UI architecture/governance on a team that supports large-scale internet applications.
Tasks include: participating in UI architecture and governance; participating in defining branch-wide standards; performing code reviews; mentoring junior developers. Experience with HCI and usability principles are a must.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience designing web/mobile applications and responsive web interfaces.
- Understanding of HCI/usability principles.
- Attention to detail and polish in user interfaces.
- Strong ability to write reusable code and design scalable solutions.
- Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications.
- Must possess excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, responsibility and initiative.
- Flexibility in balancing multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to resolve urgent issues or high priority activities in addition to the planned project workload.
- Ability to both work independently and function within a team.
- 5+ years of experience in UI software development.
- Experience with data-binding frameworks such as Knockout or React.
- Experience consuming HTTP/REST services.
- Familiarity with common debugging tools (e.g. Chrome Developer Tools, others.)
- Experience with standard CM processes and procedures.
- Exposure to Agile application development and Scrum.
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Front-End Development
- 30% HCI/usability/design features
- 80% New Development
- 10% Maintenance
- 10% Client Interfacing
- This is a contract to hire (3-6 months) with expectation of converting to full-time employee in 2019. Contract phase offers benefits!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.