Back-end Java Engineer
A premiere Orange County media company is seeking a talented full-time Java Engineer! As they continue to expand and enhance their video delivery capabilities, they are searching for a talented engineer to design adaptable and scalable back-end server components. The ideal candidate is a gifted oral and written communicator who is highly skilled in current development principles, technology trends, and large-scale design. Java, REST, Spring, and CS fundamentals are absolute necessities. Experience with cloud deployment, microservices, QA, and video encoding are a plus. If you are communicative creative thinker and passionate problem solver with a deep knowledge of Java fundamentals, then apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience in software development
- BS in computer science
- Proficiency in Java
- Proficiency in Spring and Spring Boot
- Ability to build APIs: REST and SOAP
- Experience with databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and/or MongoDB
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Git and Maven
- Perfect communication – oral and written
- Creative thinking and problem-solving ability
- Computer science fundamentals – design patterns, algorithms, data structures, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS in computer science
- Experience building applications at scale under a microservices architecture
- Working experience with CI/CD tools and cloud deployment on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with noSQL database systems: Redis, Mongo, etc.
- Experience with/knowledge of security concerns and measures within web-based applications
- QA experience – unit testing (NUnit, TestNG) and load testing (JMeter)
- Expertise in video encoding
- Industry knowledge in video, advertising, or other media industry
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% server side
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Extensive PTO – vacation, sick, personal, and company-paid holidays
- Summer Fridays and other flex time
- Commuter assistance
- Employee discount program
- Stocked fridge
- Brand new office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.