A fintech startup in Boston is looking to expand their engineering team! They want to make municipal bonds more accessible for investors. These bonds help fund capital projects to build parks, schools, highways and other projects in the community.
They are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who can help scale their complex AWS environment. They are also completely containerized and want to implement Kubernetes within the next month.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will help move to a container based infrastructure
- You will help scale out the ELK, Kafka, and stream processing services to reduce financial risks to the company and our customers
- You will help scale out our distributed monitoring system, which enables our engineers to proactively respond to system changes
- You will create the framework that will enable engineers to fully integrate their application communication with HashiCorp Vault and Consul
- You will ensure security and compliance for perimeter and internal services in AWS
- You have a passion for building an development and IT ecosystem that best serves the needs of the business
- You see everyone in the company as your customer, always striving to delight by providing top notch customer service
- You’re an innovator who will work alongside an exceptional squad of engineers, data scientists, and designers, to help reinvent the future of public finance.
- You want to help develop creative technology products that helps communities responsibly borrow what’s needed and investors of any size directly access world positive impact products
- 1-5 years of domain experience in the field of DevOps or IT
- Familiarity with Linux administration and tuning
- Experience setting up, running, and monitoring public-facing web servers
- Proficiency in shell scripting and at least one dynamic programming language
- Strong foundation in one or more configuration management systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc).
- Familiarity with IT compliance areas such as change management, incident response, and configuration management
- Vendor management experience, including initial and annual diligence and contract negotiation
- Experience in designing IT business process and data flow diagrams using industry-standard tooling a plus