Big Data Engineer
Large, Enterprise, E-Commerce company located in downtown San Francisco changing the game in technology within merchandising and retail is looking to add Java/Big Data Engineer to their growing Demand Forecasting team. This team is responsible for generating information and data for its Data Science assets for demand forecasting of products in stores and online.
This team is looking for someone to come in and help them build enterprise supply chain software to extract data to deliver to their data science team across multiple different applications and locations. They have a very established architecture already in place but they are looking to revamp this team to work more closely with the Data Scientists moving forward. This is a highly visible project within the company with a lot of room for growth and skills development.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years’ experience working within Java
- Experience with noSQL databases, specifically Cassandra
- Experience within the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience with Big Data tools
Desired Skills & Experience
- Machine Learning/AI experience
- Experience in the E-commerce space
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Backend Java Development
- 20% Data Engineering
- 100% hands-on development within Java and Big Data technologies
- Competitive Pay: Up to $75/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 – 6 months with expectations of coming on Full-Time
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.