The world’s largest consumer electronics company, and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs is expanding their research division. Their smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation. Their research and development includes collecting data from TV, advertisement targeting, and personal services. They ingest and process billions of records daily from TVs in the field and they are looking for an experienced professional to join the team to help continuous integration on their data platform.
A model candidate should be adept at enterprise software development using large scale data processing technologies. You will work closely with software engineers in different teams to implement data systems in production-stable environment. Examples include Data Warehouses, ETL processes, data APIs among many others. A successful candidate will be communicative and interested in the success of the entire team as a whole.
Required Skills & Experience
- Design, develop and maintain data models of Distributed Data Warehouse systems, specifically Amazon Redshift, but possibly HPE Vertica, etc.
- Debug and assist others in debugging SQL query performance, query plans.
- Craft and optimize complex data warehousing queries to extract insights from data
- Develop (hands-on) code for ETL processes and expert knowledge of SQL, Distributed Databases
- Deep database engine knowledge (e.g. describe the algorithms the database engine used for a hash join vs a merge join)
- Optimize data physical structure (sort order, distribution patterns) to achieve maximum performance for ETL and data retrieval
- Interpretation of distributed database query plans
- Perform capacity planning and cost estimates of proposed solutions
- Design telemetry KPIs and monitoring of ETL components and transition to DevOps for monitoring
- On-board new data sets and expose data insights through new data models
- Participate and provide feedback on architecture reviews, development processes, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Contracting experience on these large-scale projects is a huge plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Coding
- 50% ETL pipelining
- 80% Hands On
- 5% Management Duties
- 15% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 -18 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.