Senior Java Engineer (spring boot, spark, mongoDb)
E-commerce company in downtown San Francisco changing the game in technology within merchandising and retail is looking to add on a Lead Java Engineer to help grow an engineering team. This person should be passionate about working in an Agile environment and working with Test Driven Development.
This is an opportunity to be dealing with complex problems such as high volume and scalability – but you have to be ready to get your hands dirty as well, there will be some hands on development and heavy architecture. This is the ultimate best of both worlds, working with the latest technologies, dealing with complex problems, in an agile start up environment combined with the stability of a large organization with great work and life balance. 6 months+ contract to hire.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8 years+ of hands on software development experience
- 2 years+ of software management experience
- Proficiency with Architecture and design patterns
- Experience with both Java and .Net ideally
- Proficiency with Agile development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with Algorithms and data structures
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Angular.js and MongoDB a huge plus!
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and facilitate resolution
- Experience with retail or finance industry is a huge plus
- Scrum Master certification a huge plus!
- Experience with BI/Big Data/Analytics experience a huge plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java platform development within AWS and in a microservices environment
- 100% Hands On development
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3-6 Months (contract to hire)
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Add additional perks specific to the work environment