Senior DevOps Engineer - Openstack, AWS, Ansible
Our client is an innovative software start-up located in Irvine, CA is currently hiring a DevOps Systems Engineer. Their technology provides consumer and retail companies across a variety of industries with the most useful and precise data on when and where to sell their products. Their web crawling engine is built with the latest technologies and the newest cutting-edge software tools. With a strong focus on cutting edge technology development and a high traffic website, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of Linux/Unix Server administration experience with CentOS, Red Hat, and Ubuntu. If you are open to learning new technologies and want to implement high availability cluster technologies, then you would be a great fit for this position. It offers competitive compensation and the opportunity to work for an exciting start-up backed by a well-known software development company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 + years working Linux/Unix Server administration experience (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Solid experience with multi-server deployments in a business-critical datacenter environment
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Postgres configuration and ongoing management
- Solid networking experience with TCP/IP, Load Balancing, IP addressing and routing
- Ability to manage small to medium size projects with proof of managing projects
- Terraform/Rancher required skill to manage current crawling environment
- Configurate management experience with Ansible or another CM tool (Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Be able to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Extensive experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu.
- Understanding of SQL database servers such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with implementing High Availability cluster technology.
- Working knowledge of Shell scripting or Python.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with cloud computing such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, etc.
- Containerization experience with tools such as Docker, Rancher, or Kubernetes.
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Linux configuration
- 40% Multicloud microservices set up
- 100% Hands On
- 0% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Catered lunches and breakfast’s
- Unlimited PTO plan
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.