Principal Data Engineer
A San Francisco tech company who is defining the future of deep learning and communications by providing unparalleled access to spoken information for businesses to make better decisions is looking to add a Lead/Principal Data Engineer to their growing team. You would be responsible for making their speech analytics easily accessible to business analysts, data scientists, and executives in organizations large and small. You will also use use gold-standard data technologies such as Spark, Elastic, ETL, Data Warehousing to expose new data sets at scale for repositng and interactive exploration.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience building data platforms at scale
- Strong understanding of Spark, Elastic, Kafka, and ETL
- Comfortable reading and improving Java code
- Relational, Data Warehouse and noSQL schema design
Desired Skills & Experience
- Building ETL pipelines
- Ensuring scalable, interactive search capabilities
- Representing data in Elastic, Spark, and Data warehouses
- Writing clean, concise, readable code
What You Will Be Doing
- 20% Java
- 20% Spark
- 15% Hadoop
- 10% Kafka
- 15% AWS
- 10% S3
- 10% Elastic Search
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $220k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Flexible Remote Days
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.