Software Engineer - PHP and Laravel
A very well known company in the media space that has grown to over 200 employees in the last 4 years is investing heavily in its engineering department and hiring for back-end PHP engineers who have experience with high traffic eCommerce organizations. Since the holiday season is here, they're looking for people that have been building software able to handle millions of transactions and users per day and that can work without guidance in a small, but extremely efficient team of 6 for this platform.
The tech stack consists of object oriented PHP with Laravel being the framework of choice, though Symfony would work as well. Currently they're using a microservices architecture while being in a TDD environment and using agile methodologies. Anyone looking for a long-term opportunity would thrive here too since the engineers who join the organization typically stay for over 3 years while working on new projects seasonally and continuing to develop upon numerous skill-sets.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience with PHP (Laravel or Symfony preferred)
- Ability to build REST API's from scratch
- History of working in high transaction and highly scalable environments
- Previous experience in the eCommerce space
Desired Skills & Experience
- Continuous integration tools: Jenkins or Travis CI
- Virtualization technology: Vagrant/Docker
- Experience with deployment: Puppet/Chef/Ansible
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Application Development
- 20% DevOps and Automation
- Competitive Salary: Up to $135K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.