Senior Software Engineer / Tools and Infrastructure
This position will challenge you! As a Senior DevOps Software Engineer, you will work closely with software and firmware engineers, QA engineers, RF engineers, and other stakeholders in a fast paced, cutting edge RF and systems lab. This job will entail both engineering and operation of sophisticated emulation software, design and control of custom and off the shelf RF equipment, test-automation, build automation, hardware management software and reporting software.
We expect that your have only a subset of the skills required to perform this job, but that you have some experience with both programming and system administration. Experience with wireless equipment is a bonus. We will train you to work on our team. Experience with Agile methodologies and Test-Driven Development a plus.
- Any software development that increases productivity of engineers and increases quality
- Design and maintain software and hardware systems for test and build automation
- Design and maintain reporting software
- Design and maintain software development and build environment
- Work with software/firmware engineers, system engineers, RF engineers to design and automate test frameworks
- Design and administer AWS cloud applications
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong skills in scripting languages (python, make, bash) required
- Object oriented programming and design skills required
- Strong skills in system programming languages (go, C, C++) a plus
- Strong understanding of microservices and REST API development
- Strong understanding of Linux system administration
- Ability to work with diverse hardware, third party software and in house software to create solutions: you should be a hacker
- Passionate and excited about working in a fast moving startup with lots of exciting projects and opportunities for growth
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% Design
- 30% Coding
- 25% Debugging
- 15% Tech Research
- Competitive Salary: Up to $165K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.