Network Engineer - Contract, Firewall Heavy
A leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology is looking for a Network Engineer Contractor in the Culver City office. Their global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
In this role be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining, enterprise monitoring technology platforms. Team collaboration will play a part as you'll need to cooperate with various IT and Information Security departments to produce and document monitoring schema for network infrastructure. You'll implement and maintain monitoring technology in a 24x7 enterprise production environment. In addition, you'll focus primarily in helping to sustain and deliver enhanced monitoring services in our synthetic monitoring practice.
The contract will be at $70/hr. and will also provided benefits such as health and a 401(k).
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 10 years employment in the IT industry working with a major systems and vendors.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in network engineering/support.
- Minimum 8 years of experience implementing/administering enterprise monitoring too
- Strong TCP/IP and SNMP skills are required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Analytical ability with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and understand documentation and procedures pertaining to the operation of networks, servers, and applications.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Protocol Analysis, network performance analysis, network capacity planning, and network troubleshooting.
- Generate meaningful reports from various data sources.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of scripting languages including Power Shell, UNIX shell, Perl, and VB script.
- Knowledge of Cisco hardware platforms, switching, routing
- Strong awareness of non-networking IT disciplines such as Windows and Linux etc. and understanding of how to support these applications/protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Handle multiple tasks and must be flexible in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What Will You Be Doing
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hr. DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.