Our Client specializes in Disability Management, believing in the quality of growth and the professional potential of all our staff. Over the past fifteen years they have grown from a grassroots start-up into one of Canada’s leading Disability Management and Workers’ Compensation Claims management providers. Today they employ over 130 highly specialized people and serve over 1,000 clients of all sizes in almost every industry.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years working with MySQL and MS Access SQL
- tables, queries, stored procedures, views, routines
- Hands-on experience with Linux to create/edit/schedule MySQL Dump and Cron Jobs
- Hands-on experience with MS Access as a database front-end (not as a database); specifically VBA, forms, reports, queries.
- Graphical database management software (NaviCat, MySQL Workbench, SQL Server Management Studio)
- Creating PDF, Word, Excel reports for the business (pulling data from the databases).
- Jaspersoft or Crystal Reports
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of reporting and query tools and practices, developing user-facing accessible / user driven reporting, and Technical documentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, time management and interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and in small groups/teams.
- Design and Implementation for High Performance (Low Latency, High Throughput) Systems, SQL Server Clustering (Active/Passive), Resource Groups, Transaction Log Shipping, resolve database performance, capacity, replication and other distributed data issues, implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes, data backups.
- Perform duties of a Database Administrator of SQL Server in Development, QA and Production environments.
- Database data encryption / decryption.
- Effectively participate in the Rapid Application Development process, including design, development, and deployment.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator / MySQL Certification an asset
- An educational background in computer science or software engineering is an asset.
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% SQL, MS SQL
- 50% Crystal Reporting, Tables, Tableau
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $50K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.