Senior Java Engineer (Spring Boot, AWS, ElasticSearch)
One of the leaders in the open source application security arena. They are making investments towards continuing the growth of this company's solution and team. They specialize in industry leading Application Security solutions.
Their platform scans over several thousand applications every day at each stage of the software development process. They are determined to be the index of the worlds open source library and vulnerability data, and use the data to provide customers insights that are actionable. SCA or Software composition analysis more than letting customers know about problem, it is also about assisting them view what is inside the code. Targeting where the problems are in that code and providing an action plan to follow to solve them.
They are seeking someone who wants to help build this application security platform for modern software development
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 or more years of experience in software development in Java (Spring framework)
- SQL experience (Postgres preferred)
- Basic understanding of networking concepts (subnets and routing)
- Familiarity with cloud providers (AWS preferred)
- Mindset of consistently pushing for automation with CI/CD systems (Gitlab Cl, Jenkins, Travis, or similar)
- Knowledge of containers of Docker and a container orchestration platform (Kubernetes preferred)
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Eye for design and testing to build assurances into the development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer science fundamentals and attention to detail
- Interest in the world of open source
- Passion and curiosity for building and creating new web services
What You Will Be Doing
- 20% Java (Springboot, Tomcat)
- 20% Java microservices architecture
- 20% AWS (Lambda)
- 20% SQL background is Postgresql
- 25% Integration with external systems to provide visibility and insights
- 25% Develop scalable new and improved systems to monitor the state of open source world
- 25% Implement well designed and tested APIs that increase exposure to our open source knowledge worldwide.
- 25% Development of new or improved systems to monitor the state of the open source world
- Competitive Salary: up to 165,000.00
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k), up to 4% match
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 20 days of PTO
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.