Senior Software Engineer and Architect for AI Platform Python / Java / REST / AWS
An early stage startup in Orange County is seeking a senior software engineer and architect to help them to redesign their platform from the ground up as they look to take this product from its current rough form to a truly commercial grade product!
You will get the opportunity to take ownership over the entire development lifecycle as well as guide the existing development. The current iteration of the product is in a Python/Django framework, but you will have the mindset and knowledge to drive decision-making for the next generation.
The ideal candidate has built software products from the ground up and is knowledgeable and/or experienced in the latest tools and frameworks for web development, cloud computing, operations, and the like. Personality is a key component within this, and you are passionate and driven enough to join an organization at this stage. Equity is on offer as part of the total package to help motivate you to take this startup to the next level!
If you are interested in owning a product lifecycle and are interested in the startup world, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of PROFESSIONAL experience in software development
- Experience in team leadership and/or software architecture
- Fluency in at least one OOP – Python most preferred, but Java, C#, or similar will be considered as well
- Ability to code scalable RESTful APIs from the ground up
- Experience with a web framework like Django, Flask, Spring, or similar
- Experience with AWS services
- Understanding of database modeling and design
- Source control with Git or similar tool
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong team player – able to collaborate with others, compromise, but also make suggestions
- Perfect communication – oral and written
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability
- Some experience working with co-located and offshore development teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a HUGE plus
- Broad knowledge of modern development practices and technologies like serverless architecture, microservice API design, web/application servers, DevOps toolkits, and various open source trends
- Experience in distributed cloud architecture and implementation
- Experience with mobile apps
- Experience with TDD and agile methodologies
What You Will Be Doing
- 20% Client side
- 80% Server side
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Generous PTO
- Flexible working hours and some remote capability
- Modern work culture and matrix reporting structure
- Pre series A equity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.