Senior Android Engineer / Video Streaming
Our client is building a disruptive multimedia platform. They have received numerous awards for their products, are well funded, and have paying customers. They have a complex technical environment that includes cloud-enabled devices, desktop and mobile apps for real-time streaming. As an Android engineer, you will help build beautiful and easy-to-use mobile applications spanning smartphones and tablets.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional Android development.
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to write well architected, maintainable and testable code.
- Strong eye for aesthetics and good design.
- The ability to work independently, anticipate problems and solve them without any guidance.
- Strong Java and/or Kotlin programming skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience on consumer facing applications.
- Experience with audio/video streaming.
- Experience with any of the following: WebRTC, Android NDK, OpenGL, MediaCodec.
- End-to-end product design experience, including user testing, A/B testing, and iteration following user feedback
What You Will Be Doing
- Full software development lifecycle for user-facing features.
- Build new features for the current apps and work on new apps.
- Feature requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, debugging, testability, and publishing.
- Work with management to define and refine the mobile technology roadmap.
- Constantly pay down technical debt and improve software development processes; evangelize and educate best practices for maintainable, beautiful code among the rest of the software organization.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200k/year DOE
- Great benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Walkable from Caltrain
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.