Senior Software Engineer
Our client provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, this company employs more than 3,300 people worldwide.
They are the leader in their field due to their cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce and have been ranked in the top 200 of the nation's largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. This company will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. They are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore this unique opportunity.
Seeking a highly-motivated Software Engineer who will become part of their software development team. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of externally facing products and services. You will work with cross-functional teams, have exposure and visibility to senior leaders, and be able to make significant technical and business impact.
- Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing, and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support products and services
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
- Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team's deliverables
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years' experience with object-oriented design/development principles
- 3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services
- 1+ years' experience with Spring Boot
- 1+ years' experience with AWS
- 3+ years' experience with Agile development
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience with authentication domain (OAuth2, OIDC, JWT, SAML)
- Hands on experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Hands on experience with Netflix OSS
- Demonstrated ability to lead or drive a project with sound technical and design skills
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate problems and assess risk
- Excellent mentoring skills and the desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work
- Advocate of unit testing, automation and test-driven development
- Detailed understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies
Benefits & Perks
- Health Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Life Insurance Coverages
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness Program
- Savings & Profit Sharing Trust
- Adoption Assistance Benefits
- And more