Senior DevOps Engineer
An enterprise insurance company that opened up a new division in Boston for a new product they are rolling out so they can develop their new AI division.
One of the best place office places to work for in Boston in a brand-new office in new innovation district of Seaport in Boston. Strong candidates will have experience in Jenkins and AWS.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 years’ experience in a Linux server environment
- Infrastructure experience, with a good general background and understanding of middleware, firewalls, load balancing, SOA, web-to-web, JSON, layers etc
- Configuration Management tools experience preferably in Ansible
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure either in AWS
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS, specifically moving applications to a cloud platform, integration and automation
- Knowledge of how to build a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline that can automate build, test pipelines, and deployments using either Jenkins or Git
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Familiar with high-level networking concepts including Layer 3 connectivity and VPN tunnels
- Proven track record of implementing security best practices
- Scripting Python, Bash
Desired Skills & Experience
- Agile (Scrum) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications
- The ability to work collaboratively and to communicate technical concepts clearly and accurately
What You Will Be Doing
- Define and resolve problems related to widely different platforms, hardware, software, coding structures and communication protocols.
- Work with vendors and common carriers to resolve Web-related issues.
- Take care of scalable, advanced technologies and methods to integrate Web systems with existing systems, enabling the creation of new Web enterprises or expanding existing business onto the Web.
- Consult with staff responsible for determining hardware requirements and communication bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes and response time, system availability targets, and security-related issues.
- Conduct evaluations of new products and vendor proposals.
- The DevOps Engineer will work on “user stories and building a team with specific areas of expertise.
- Health and dental coverage,
- Competitive Salary: Up to $145k/year, depending on experience
- Unlimited PTO,
- Company match 401(k),
- Annual training budget of $2,500 and much more