Senior SoftwareEngineer for FinTech platform Java / Spring / AWS
Our Client is a Fintech startup that is transforming the car buying experience through a direct-to-consumer lending platform unlike anything in the market. They believe buying and financing a car should be a straightforward and rewarding experience driven by the consumer, not the seller. Their innovative business model and platform does just that. Based in Irvine, CA, they are founded and led by a top-tier executive team building a world-class technology company of dynamic and high-performance individuals that share our passion for the power of technology to transform and deliver customer experience excellence.
They are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our team. Their technology stack uses the latest in Java (Spring Boot, Micro-Service APIs, etc.). They are really looking for the best and the brightest and strong CORE Engineers weather you come from a Java, C++ or Backend, MongoDb or an Elastic Search They believe in always doing things “the right way” so you will have a chance to use and incorporate the latest tools and processes into your work. We also believe in empowerment, so you will have an opportunity to have a direct and significant impact on our product and company.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years developing web applications in a full-stack capacity, with an emphasis on backend development, using an open-source web framework (Rails/Django/Sails/Laravel/Spring)
- Ability to build scalable micro-service APIs from scratch
- Strong database skills (PostgreSQL/MySQL/MSSQL)
- Proficient with Linux/UNIX environment
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Fluent in HTML5 and CSS3
- Source Control Management Systems such as git
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starting, highly motivated
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in the financial space
- Experience with Sequelize ORM
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Lambdas, etc.)
- Knowledge of modern devops/automation tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Server side Java, SQL
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Design
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance HMO and PPO options
- Dental and vision insurance
- Supplemental insurance (life, accident, etc.)
- Employee assistance plan
- Flex spending account
- Employee discount programs
- 401(k) with 4% match
- PTO - vacation, sick, holidays, personal
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.