Senior Software Engineer / Backend / Java
Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what we do at the largest e-commerce company. We’re a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within our e-commerce division, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and our enterprise operates.
Since 1962 we’ve been dedicated to helping customers live better. While how we deliver on that promise evolves, why we do it stays the same. Today, we help customers live better by engineering services across all properties (stores, app, online) that save them time and money—innovations like Online Grocery Pickup, Pay and in-store Pickup Towers.
A lot of our work is behind the scenes, but that doesn’t make it any less impactful. A core philosophy at our company is operating with everyday low cost (EDLC). We use technology to operate smarter so that we can deliver everyday low prices (EDLP) to customers. This includes:
1. Platform: Using best-in-class public, private and hybrid cloud environments. 2. Supply chain: Developing scalable, nimble and flexible technology that powers our hundreds of distribution and fulfillment centers and provide our supply chain partners with the tools they need to deliver for our customers 3. Merchant: online and in store search, pricing, catalog, content, inventory, replenishment and fulfillment technology to provide the optimal experience for our merchants.
We’re changing the way the world shops—join our team and make your mark.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years building web-based Java services/applications
- Spring Framework
- End-to-end REST API development
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience with Scala and Python
- Experience building high, throughput, low latency cache solutions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Backend Development
- 70% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $90/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 24 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.