Business Analyst, Security Risk Metrics and Reporting
We’re currently working with a well-known client in asset management looking to bring on a Business Analyst to work on a contract basis from their Chicago-based office.
Our client has over $240 billion in assets under management, they own the Dodgers and are an amazing way to grow your career. The Business Analyst position supports the efforts to develop and implement a security risk metrics program focusing on reviewing and understanding the current metrics collected, identifying the data sources, and researching solutions to automate the collection and reporting data. You’d also be responsible for designing and developing data strategies to support end-to-end IT security risk metrics and KPI and SLA reporting with respect to Information Security functions; developing performance metrics, data stewardship & maintenance, and reporting to continuously improve managing the Business of IT to define and monitor our security risk.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of relevant Business Analyst experience
- Experience working with a tech team
- Demonstrated experience using Excel's advanced functions including use of pivot tables
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and producing executive-level presentations
- SQL Development and ETL process knowledge
- Analyze the data to understand the key IT metrics and knowledge of table schemas to accommodate IT metrics
- Experience in working with large volumes of data in spreadsheets/databases, tracking data, building dashboards, charts, graphs and various graphical representation of data
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to form hypotheses and draw meaningful insights from disparate data sources
- Familiarity with financial regulations and cybersecurity frameworks (e.g., FINRA, SEC, NIST)
- Working knowledge of tech and software development processes
- Agile Environment Experience
- Bachelor’s in business, Computer Sciences or Business Administration
- PMP, Product Management or Six Sigma Certifications preferred
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with Information Security Governance team to understand requirements, goals, and gaps with the current metrics processes.
- Document current and future metric data sources and reporting requirements
- Enhance existing metrics, refine thresholds, and propose new metrics to measure
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Migrate existing manual and paper-based reporting processes onto an automated reporting environment and interactive visualization tool (e.g. using Tableau)
- Hands-on data analytics
- Demonstrated exposure and aptitude with one or more database platforms
- Experience in Data profiling, Data mapping and Data modelling
- Foundational knowledge of Information Technology / IT Infrastructure
- Problem solving / analytical skills, tools and techniques
- Competitive Pay: Up to $41 p/h, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Phenomenal location located in the heart of Chicago’s historic loop
- Easy accessibility via public transportation (CTA and METRA)
- Comprehensive, affordable medical and dental benefits including HSA
- Sick leave benefits
- Commuter stipend for CTA, Metra, or parking
- 401(k) plan (no match)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.