UI / UX Designer
A startup in Downtown Los Angeles is making transportation for kids easier and safer. The product provides children (more specifically, foster kids and children in orphanages) a safe way to get from point A to point B. Drivers are highly screened and vetted, and parents/guardians can track their route on a responsive web platform in real-time.
The UX / UI designer they are looking for would be working 20-40 hours a week on a contract basis for a few months, then potentially rolled over to a full-time employee on the design team. They will be redesigning their main web product offering and having some hands-on contributions to an enterprise product they are rolling out soon. This individual will be deploying both UX and UI elements, but can be more focused on the UX side.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1 + years industry experience in UX/UI
- Strong UX fundamentals displayed in online portfolio
- Clean UI aesthetic
- Responsive web design experience
- Ability to deliver high fidelity designs and translate sketches
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Design or relative work experience
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and works with a sense of urgency
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $40/hour, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Off-site/remote flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.