Senior Database Administrator / DBA - SQL / PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Performance
A highly innovative software company located in Irvine, CA is currently hiring a Senior Database Administrator / DBA. They are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Their technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Their clients use their proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how.
They are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join our team. If you would enjoy working to bring real world value to many of the world’s largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Their platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as they strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers products are used and consumed around the globe.
As a Sr. Database Administrator you will maintain, tune, optimize and extend all OLTP and Object-store databases and will ensure performance, high-availability and recoverability of all databases. They will develop or enhance maintenance and monitoring automation, and partner with IT infrastructure and engineering teams to plan capacity to exceed demand.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of database administration in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience above or combined with demonstrated continuous education through active participation in user groups, conferences, certifications, open source contribution and/or eLearning
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to optimize system performance
- Experience with 1-10 TB databases (Billion+ records)
- Experience creating and maintaining table partitioning, file/table groups, sharding and IOPS optimization
- Ability to self-direct and learn new technologies and techniques rapidly
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
- Expert experience with: Microsoft SQL Server (2008 – 2016), PostgreSQL (9.1 – 10.x)
- Strong experience with MongoDB clusters
- Strong SQL language and optimization skills (stored procs, udfs, triggers, query execution plans)
- Server clustering, high-availability implementation, and data recovery techniques
- Monitoring tools such as FogLight, AppDynamics, LogicMonito
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cloud Experience with Google, AWS and or Azure
- Big Data tools such as Scala, Hadoop, Python
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% SQL / PostgreSQL
- 20% NoSQL / Mongo
- 30% Administration and performance
- 20% BigData
- 85% Hands On
- 15% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130-150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.