Associate Research Director- Mobile and Embedded Systems
One of the DC's top research and development firms is looking for a Associate Research Director of Mobile and Embedded Systems to drive the continued growth of its portfolio of externally-funded R&D programs. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical accomplishments, Government R&D program execution, team leadership and oversight, and business capture. Salary of $160,000 - $180,000 base salary.
- Technical oversight of the Mobile and Embedded Systems team’s portfolio of R&D projects
- Line management of the Mobile and Embedded Systems team members and identifying/hiring new team members
- Technical marketing of Mobile and Embedded Systems team’s services and capabilities to new and existing Government R&D clients
- Identifying and leading the capture of new R&D programs
- Participating in and leading proposal generation and delivery.
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics with a concentration in embedded systems, operating systems, or related technical domain
- Ten or more years of professional experience in a similar role
- Cybersecurity domain experience and knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong foundational knowledge of the Android operating system and/or Linux kernel, embedded systems, network stacks, and wireless protocols
- Past performance as a Principal Investigator on fast-paced, innovation-driven, advanced technology R&D projects for Government clients
- Experience serving as a line manager for a team of scientists and engineers
- A proven track record of capturing Government R&D contracts/programs
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related technical domain
- Experience building and modifying Android or other mobile operating systems
- Experience developing security solutions and products
- An active security clearance
- Experience leading teams in a rapid prototype environment demonstrating scalable architectures
- Proven experience leading a rapidly growing team.