Desktop Developer (C#, WPF)
A top software solutions provider for the legal industry is looking to hire an Intermediate .NET Developer to work on new development for their proprietary desktop platform. In this role, you will be working with desktop technologies like C#, .NET, WPF, MVVM, Winforms as well as a web app using ASP.NET MVC. This position is located in the heart of the Toronto downtown financial district and requires a developer with the startup mentality who can “wear multiple hats” on a project.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3-year IT-related diploma or degree
- Minimum 2+ years of solid industry experience in building software applications in C# and .NET
- Practical experience with Microsoft Desktop Technologies (Winforms, WPF etc.)
- Technical understanding of .NET framework and application design
- Strong SQL & relational database programming skills
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Experience in one or many of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Web Technologies (ASP .Net Core, ASP.Net, MVC etc.)
- Web Service Technologies (Soap, REST etc.)
- Mobile Application Development (Xamarin and/or Nativescript)
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Exposure to Scrum and Agile methodologies an advantage
- A financial/maths/stats background will be advantageous, but not required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong English communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related programming
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Desktop
- 10% Web
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to 70K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.