Senior Software Engineer / Scala / Spark
A well know enterprise company is looking to build out their office in the San Jose area. This company focuses in several different areas, such as business, financial technologies, and cyber security among others to ensure that their customers are making the best decisions for them. They are building a brand-new framework that will be used company wide, so this will be a very important position for the company moving forward. They are looking for strong, Senior Backend Software Engineers that are forward thinkers, problem solvers, and someone looking to attack challenges. This is a flat organization office where you will be working on operational data pipelines and being an instrumental engineer with these upcoming new projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient with Linux operating systems
- Strong with coding in Scala
- Strong with big data technologies, especially Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with Kafka for message streaming
- Proficient with SQL and NoSQL database tools (Zookeeper, Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, etc)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Machine Learning or scaling machine learning algorithms
- Proficient with Java coding
What You Will Be Doing
- Coding: 50%
- Data: 25%
- Big Data: 25%
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200,000/year
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Internal Growth
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.