Senior Android Engineer
An international mass media organization is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to work on a variety of media applications from the ground up. The Senior Android Engineer will contribute to the design and development of apps that are highly visible, and will be working with other developers to ensure technical compatibility.
The Senior Android Engineer will need to have strong experience with Java, Android SDK and Android Studio. This is a great opportunity to come onboard a new team, building apps from the ground up, and creating apps that are used by millions of people worldwide.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Android development
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect Android applications to back end services
- Great knowledge of Android UI design principles
- Understanding of Git
- Solid understanding of fundamental design principles related to scaling an application
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and its use in testing, building and deploying Android apps
- Experience with UI animations
- Experience with Kotlin
- Leadership experience (both people and project management)
What You Will Be Doing
- Building all new applications for different media divisions/brands
- 75% back end development
- 25% front end development
- 100% hands on
- Competitive annual salary starting up to $180,000
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Extensive PTO
- 401k + matching
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.