Located in Washington DC, a well-established education company, is seeking a Data Engineer to join their team. For over 50 years this organization has been a trusted provider of educational content and industry resources. In the past two years their focus has been modernizing their enterprise software and harnessing their data to grow their user base.
The Data Engineer will be joining a newer team within the organization that in the past year created their first data center. You’ll be responsible for a variety of tasks including data integration, analysis, and data warehouse development. The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing and implementing work flows in ETL and a strong understanding of OLAP. You’ll need solid development skills in Python as well.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 + years professional experience in a data driven role
- Experience working with data integration and ETL frameworks
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working with any of the following tools: ETL Tools & Frameworks (e.g. Talend, Informatica, etc), Apache Spark, TensorFlow, PyTorch, PredictionIO, AWS SageMaker
- Data collection and management: scraping/mining, labeling/classifying, lexicons, curating training data for supervised learning
- Best practices in OLAP architectures
- Familiarity with microservices architectures
- Experience working with relational, dimensional and NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB) databases
- Experience with Lucene (Solr/Elasticsearch) is a plus
- Previous experience working with AWS
Desired Skills & Experience
- Github , side projects , or sample work
- Experience with Elastic Search or SOLR is a plus
- Previous experience with React, Node or, Python plus
What You Will Be Doing
- Building, testing and implementing ETL/ELT workflows
- Providing recommendations on ways to improve efficiency, quality, and data reliability,
- Leveraging a variety of tools and scripting languages to process and transform data from various sources
- Identifying opportunities for data acquisition and aggregation to support business requirements
- Work in an Agile/Scrum development environment alongside our services/API team to architect, prototype and implement forward-thinking and innovation solutions.
- Competitive base salary up to $140K DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental , and Vision
- 401(k) with matching
- 5 weeks of PTO
- flexible hours
- casual and laid back environment
- metro accessible location
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.