Full Stack Developer/Ruby on Rails
Looking to take a big step in your career while working remotely on a platform that aims to better people’s access to higher education? An early stage-startup based in Chicago is looking to bring a full stack Ruby on Rails developer onto their team to do just that.
This role will involve wearing multiple hats to deliver a platform that provides powerful user experiences. If architecting and implementing a microservices infrastructure for horizontal scalability sounds like a fun challenge, this could be the role for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ruby on Rails
- SQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Test-Driven Development (TDD - Cucumber, RSpec, Selenium, etc.)
- continuous integration/pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- DevOps/Cloud hosting (Heroku, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience developing for mobile browsers
- Prior startup experience
- Experience with messaging/chatbot feature development (Twilio, FB Messenger, etc.)
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Front end
- 50% Back End
- 80% Hands-On Development
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $100K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.