Senior C++ Engineer
Our client is one of the leading companies in the world generating more than $500 billion a year in revenue. They have recently acquired a startup in the video streaming and entertainment space that is looking to scale quickly. You will join a team of about 25 engineers looking to double in size as soon as possible and working with the latest tools and technologies to define and construct the future of realtime streaming.
You will be working on solving the four main problems surrounding GPU cloud computing and streaming; latency, input, and server orchestration with no vendor lock in. This software will be used by the largest mobile operators and digital retailers in the U.S.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Strong CS fundamentals - data structures, algorithms
- Some experience with codecs such as h.264, h.265, VP8, VP9
- Some experience with real-time streaming protocols such as RTSP, WebRTC
- Able to organize large code bases
- Experience with a version control system such as Git, utilizing proper development workflow
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- MS/PhD in computer science or a related field
- Experience working with CUDA/OpenCL
- Experience building apps for Windows 10, Android, and iOS
- Own and maintain build scripts
- Own releases, branches, and updates
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
- Maintain a suit of APIs & SDKs to interact with the software you produce
- Competitive rate: Up to $90/hr DOE
- Overtime (1.5x) for more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week
- Contract-to-hire - plan on being converted within 3-6 months with competitive full time offer including RSUs and annual bonus.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.