An educational leader is looking to bring on a Data Scientist. In this role you will be working to bring the power of AI, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP) and other advanced technologies to bear on the processes and wealth of operational data. Working on making their existing operations more efficient and developing new AI capabilities for multiple purposes and especially to optimize student success and student experience.
The ideal candidate with a passion for solving real world problems using Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and software engineering skills. Must have strong communication skills, be results oriented, and have a strong quality of grit when approaching difficult problems. Possess both a willingness and desire to participate in a multidisciplinary team to fully understand the underlying business problems being solved.
- Bachelors of Science, minimum
- 1 year of experience working with ML and AI technology
- 4 years or more of working with Python
- 3 years using Python for all aspects of handling, preparing, and transforming data in applications such as ETL processing
- 4 years with the Linux OS
- 3 years using SQL and DBs in projects
- 2 years using source control (e.g. GIT) and other team-based software engineering tools
- 4 years of experience using statistical analysis
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Additional desired skills:
- Strong Presentation Skills
- 1 year of evaluating and tuning the performance of ML applications
- 2 years Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Masters of Science degree or PhD
- Experience with neural networks in ML
- Experience building ML projects using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with visualization tools
What You’ll Be Doing:
- 50% Python
- 25% Google Cloud Platform
- 25% Machine Learning
- All new development
- Team collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $90/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months / salary after conversion 160k (DOE)
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.