Senior DevOps Engineer / Kubernetes
This Mid-sized Asset Management company is looking to bring on a Senior DevOps Engineer. They recently started a new project to build out and develop an AWS platform, heavily containerized, to host their Python applications. They have a small engineering team in their New York office that works closely with their team in Connecticut.
The team is located in Midtown Manhattan, but the engineer would be expected to travel to Connecticut on occasion to integrate with the full team. you will have a heavy hand in the development of their platform and drive the work of the current project.
They work in an AWS environment, use Ansible for automation and use many AWS tools like Codedeploy and Cloudformation. The Ideal engineer will be looking for a Senior level opportunity with a potential leadership responsibilities. This will be a one year contract.
- Extensive AWS experience
- Python Scripting and the ability to debug code
- Docker experience
- Ansible Automation Experience
- Thorough understanding of Build and Deploy pipelines with Jenkins
Desired Skills & Experience
- Container Orchestration Experience (Kubernetes preferred)
- DynamoDB or SnowFlake Experience
- 30% AWS administration and build out
- 30% Build out of CI/CD pipelines
- 25% Containerization and Orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- 10% Ansible Automation
- 5% Debugging Live Code
100% Hands On
Competitive Hourly salary up to $75 per hour
As a contractor, your benefits will include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plus matching
- Paid Sick Time
- Flexible scheduling Hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.