SDET - Software Development Engineer in Test
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and to improve the quality of products. You will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test infrastructure. You will be part of an Engineering team that is working on problems in a number of areas, including mobile products, AWS APIs, SQL and NOSQL databases, Rowbots, live broadcast from the water, and on demand video. Our stack includes React Native/Jest, Kotlin/Jtest, Swift, and Python/pytest. Your focus is developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
You will collaborate with developers who will also be writing unit and integration tests. You will lead our performance testing efforts. You may work with our Rowbot, which is an invaluable tool that provides known force and stroke rates as it rows our Hydrow rowing machine. You will also curate our collection of workout recordings, which we can playback to verify results. You will also be involved in writing monitors to validate our production databases. Some manual testing will be required, though we will try to minimize it.
Required Skills & Experience
- You are a senior SDET/QA automator with 3+ years of automation experience.
- You have 1+ years of experience writing tests for Android and/or IOS apps.
- You have some experience hacking JS/JS frameworks and Java (or Kotlin).
- You are comfortable with SQL and relational databases.
- You are an evangelist for quality, process improvement, and change.
- You have a strong, insatiable desire to learn and hone your craft.
- You smile and talk softly while passionately wielding a big stick in defense of a great app.
- You get stuff done.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience and/or an interest in a QA leadership role.
- Experience with Kotlin, Swift, and/or React Native (or ReactJS)
- Release/build experience.
- The ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology