Senior Test Engineer
This role is also more than a practitioner role - it’s a coaching role as well. The focus of “testing” in the industry has missed a massive opportunity of spreading the wealth of testing knowledge into engineering organizations. You will be working directly with your peers to identify and communicate risks before development starts. By coaching and mentoring developers to have the necessary skills to understand quality and know how to test they can master testing to not only increase the efficiency and capacity of their teams, but also write higher quality software.
A Senior Software Test Engineer to join us in Boston.
Our testing manifesto is about testing throughout over testing at the end, preventing defects over detecting them, building the right system over breaking it & understanding testing over checking functionality. The goal is to be a subject matter expert in testing by expanding the quality mindset, thinking critically about usability, functionality, performance, security, edge cases, testing strategies and best practices.
- Define testing strategies pre-implementation
- Research and gain knowledge in specialized areas in the testing domain (e.g. exploratory testing, usability testing, contract testing, etc.)Emphasizing the importance of executing the right tests.
- Collaborate with product managers, have an understanding of what to test & deliver
- Promote a culture where the team creates well-defined testable acceptance criteria.
- Drive the team to perform testing during earliest stages of implementation
- Be involved in the pull request review process
- Assist in root cause analysis with customer facing issues & educate gaps in test approach Monitor & enhance test automation coverage and test strategy
- Identify enhancements or implementations of current/new testing tools
- Work with testing community to improve test strategies & automation efficiencies
What We Are Looking For:
- Critical & Lateral thinking
- Systematic & Systems thinking
- Change agent with effective soft skills
- Mindset to solve problems not symptoms
- Thought leader with a passion for training, mentoring and coaching others
- Understand the value of different types of testing techniques and when to apply them
- Fast to adapt to constant changes and feeling comfortable with it
- Comfortable pairing with engineers in a distributed, co-located environment
- Focus on what is most important at all times, realizing when to change the game plan and when to stick to it
- Great communication skills, both within and outside the team
- Curiosity in understanding the domain and system architecture
- Have demonstrated ownership of continuous improvement initiatives around testing
Your Skills Include:
- Deep understanding of testing principles and a variety of testing techniques and methods
- Strong understanding of Agile
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with business teams. We do not divide ‘business’ and ‘tech’ teams, we see both as one team as we are all working towards one shared goal
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment
- Proficiency in at least one programming language , Ruby experience is not essential. You’ll just need to be happy to cross-over to Ruby if you join us – and we will support you with thatUnderstand BDD, ability to work with product managers and developers to clarify business rules and capture these for automated verification Skilled in using a variety of testing tools at all levels in the testing pyramid
- Experience having built and/or maintained test frameworks
- Worked with continuous integration tools Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment