Senior Backend Java Engineer
A software product company based in Irvine is urgently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to add to their team of Java engineers. Specializing in advertising technology, this core platform team builds an advertising brokerage platform used by thousands of advertisers around the county..
Working with over 100 microservices, the ideal candidate for this role will have experience in hands-on development for a high traffic, scalable, customer-facing product company. Their cutting-edge stack is Java8, Spring Boot, AWS, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, and Docker. Preferably, this person will have a strong data security mindset as well.
This company offers the opportunity to work with a solid team of intelligent and passionate engineers, in a sleek office space based right off Olympic Boulevard in West LA. You’ll enjoy a startup feel with a fully stocked kitchen, casual work environment, comprehensive health benefits, company equity, and competitive PTO policy, while having the support of an established company.
This is a great opportunity to join a new dev initiative while working with some new technologies, apply today!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Strong grasp of and OOP like Java (most preferred), C# or similar
- Web application framework like Spring
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, Postgres, MsSQL, Oracle, or similar
- Some cloud experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Computer science fundamentals – data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.
- Strong team player – able to collaborate with others, compromise, but also make suggestions
- Perfect communication – oral and written
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field like computer science
Desired Skills & Experience
- Work with Java 1.8 or 1.9
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Kafka and/or Flink
- Hadoop and Hive
- Master’s degree in computer science or similar field
What You Will Be Doing
- 10% Client side
- 90% Server side
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Generous PTO and vacation policies
- Casual working environment
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Company outings
- Training and development opportunities
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.