Senior Gateway Engineer - Green Tech -C# / TCP/IP / Web Socket, / API
An Irvine based software company that creates a cloud-based software and services for smart building automation and iOT gateways is looking for a senior level software engineer with a strong background in Gatweay development and architecture. The software allows tenants and real estate managers to access and control iOT, HVAC and lighting systems, providing data for Enterprise Energy Management Services.
As the company continues to grow the need for more engineers to work on new systems has become evident. The right engineer will have experience developing enterprise level, scalable, multi-threaded web applications using the latest Microsoft .Net technologies as well as Network Protocols, TCP/IP, Web Sockets, UDP as well as cloud-based systems using Azure.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have 5-8 years hands on development experience at a commercial software company
- C# and VB.NET; strong .NET framework experience (including System.Net, System.IO, etc.)
- Expert level with TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, network protocols, HTTP/HTTPS, Win32 or Web APIs, REST interfaces; a plus is hands on experience with Azure IOT, hardware/software gateways and appliances; network monitoring or disparate connector type hybrid SaaS product architectures
- Experience with low level data access and manipulation, understand data types and binary, hex and decimal and how their storage and transport vary by system type
- Comfortable using networking and packet sniffing tools such as Wireshark and Fiddler (or similar)
- Strong commercial programming and design skills (OOP, interfaces, patterns)
- Database programming and design skills (SQL Server, Hadoop/HDInsight, etc.) – preferred, not mandatory
- Solid understanding of security, communications, and knowledge of secure design and development best practices
- Energy background, Utilities industry knowledge, building control or building automation systems or control sensors a major plus
- Experience working with Agile, SCRUM, Jira and the Atlassian tools preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with large databases and big data technologies like Elastic search, Hadoop etc.
- Experience working in Agile development environment
- Experience working with service orientated architectures
- Experience developing in cloud environments (Azure or AWS)
- Knowledge of secure design, architecture and development best practices
- Energy background, Utilities industry knowledge, building control or building automation systems, IOT all a major plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% Systems level programming, Network protocols
- 50%+ C# and Web Services
- 25% Backend-Database
- 75% Hands on
- 10% Architecture or design aspects
- 15% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120-150/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.