Android Engineering Manager / Connected Car
Our client is a publicly traded industry leader. While the company offers the perks of a larger company, they still maintain a fun, fast paced, startup-like environment. The company is still less than 600 employees spread across the US, Europe, South America, and Asia.
This is a wireless location-based services company that provides services such as Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite navigation, local search, automotive navigation solutions, mobile advertising, enterprise mobility and workflow automation. Leveraging their location platform, global brands such as General Motors, Ford, and AT&T deliver custom connected car and mobile experiences. Additionally, advertisers such as Walmart and Best Buy can reach millions of users with their highly-targeted advertising platform. Their location platform powers personalized navigation, mapping, big data intelligence, social driving, and location-based ads.
The team is looking for an experienced Android Engineering Manager to lead their growing team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of excellence in building and leading technical teams
- Experience recruiting and retaining engineers
- Strong spoken & written communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to make hard decisions in a fast-moving environment
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering (Java and/or C++) & algorithms
- Solid understanding of developing software in Android
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in building embedded software
- Experience with open source libraries like RxJava, Dagger 2, Retrofit
- Experience with build tools and scripting languages
- Experience with location based services on mobile platforms
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead a team of talented engineers and oversee the development process
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, and maintenance
- Hire, train, and mentor engineers and supporting staff
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues
- Competitive Salary: Up to $215k DOE
- Annual Bonus
- Potential Sign On Bonus
- 401k Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO & Paid Holidays
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 12 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.