Senior DevOps Engineer
Early stage startup in downtown San Francisco near 16th Street Bart is bursting at the seams, growing as fast as they are able to hire. The most urgently needed role is the first Operations Engineer hire.
The startup works with Machine Learning companies and teams which gives the engineers here unique insight into what can be done with ML, what works, and what doesn’t. If you’re looking to do more with ML, this is a great company to learn best practices and develop your personal network.
This Senior Operations Engineer needs to have Kubernetes experience because they already have K8s in production and want someone whose implement K8s before to help them avoid mistakes and build/scale it right the first time. Other projects include building out Prometheus and scaling the Logstash environment.
The team would love someone to take charge of the largely greenfield ops environment, and this Senior Operations Engineer will have a significant impact and ability to determine the future tech direction of the company.
Required Skills & Experience
- Kubernetes in production experience
- Cloud Technology (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Monitoring (Prometheus, Datadog, etc)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Salt, Chef, etc.)
- CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, etc.)
- Passionate about Machine Learning and Infrastructure as Code!
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Orchestration with Kubernetes
- 30% Implementing and scaling monitoring environment
- 20% Automation
- 75% Hands On
- 10-15% Pair programming
- 10-15% Consulting team on best practices
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.