Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
This established Santa Clara based Wireless Network startup is building a new team that will be responsible for launching their AWS cloud service that will scale across millions of devices.
As a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with software and firmware engineers, QA engineers, RF engineers, and other stakeholders in a fast paced, cutting edge RF and systems lab. This job will entail both engineering and operation of test-automation, build automation, hardware management software and reporting software. You may also design and execute tests of our RF equipment as much is possible remotely and develop some software that is used in our equipment.
We expect that you have only a subset of the skills required to perform this job, but that you have some experience with both programming and system administration. Experience with wireless equipment is a bonus. We will train you to work on our team. Experience with Test-Driven Development, Object Oriented design and development in Python a plus.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 3+ years’ experience with AWS and 5+ hands-on experience in Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, or Software Engineering.
- Extensive experience with AWS, including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, ELB, CloudWatch
- Docker, Kubernetes clusters, AWS EKS
- Databases like those on AWS RDS, Dynamo DB, Amazon Aurora
- Apache Kafka
- AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Other applications such as Redis/AWS Elasticache/Kibana
- Artifact management, from creating them (Maven) to storing them (Artifactory)
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Migrate existing complex on-premises applications to the AWS platform
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure correct cloud solutions are implemented.
- Design and Implement application deployment in a production environment.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.