Senior Android Developer/ Java/ Kotlin/ RxJava/ San Jose
Our San Jose based client is looking for a Senior Android Developer to help lead the development of next generation consumer-facing Android application and features. As part of this project, you will collaborate very closely with the senior leadership in the company including the product and engineering teams. They need a talented person who can think critically, collaborate with others, and focus on creating a revolutionary product in a progressive work environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience building consumer mobile applications on Android (Java and Kotlin)
- Strong Android development experience and your code is not only functional but fast and efficient.
- Deep knowledge of Android architecture as well as Google's Material Design
- Experience with source/version control software, continuous integration, unit testing, build processes.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience using RESTful web services within mobile applications
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance to produce high quality solutions
- You are passionate, persistent and creative
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills,
- Adapts to fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and self-motivated skills
- Have a degree in Computer Science or a related field
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Java
- 50% Kotlin
- RxJava a plus
- Work closely with UX Designers, Product Management, and other developers to build an app with best possible user experience
- Independently deliver committed tasks on time with high quality
- Be our go-to Android expert
- Interpret business requirements into technical requirements and understand the big picture
- Collaborate with local and overseas developers and QA engineers in agile environment
- Design, develop, test and release Android SDKs and app
- Research mobile OS optimization, architect key features, resolve challenging technical problems, and identify technology trends.
- You will be expected to work across both Java and Kotlin.?
- Perform code reviews, write unit and integration tests, and lead/contribute to architectural planning and refactoring ?
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting the mobile applications? ?
- Provide unique insight into available libraries and SDKs for the Android Platform
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Stock Options
- Quarterly Bonuses
- All the snacks and drinks you can handle
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.