Director of UI Engineering/eCommerce/Retail
Want to work for the top retail company in the country? Keep reading. We are working with the Head of Engineering to help hire a Director of UI Engineering to oversee up to 100 people. This Director will be responsible for overseeing a handful of Engineering Managers who work on the company’s UI. This ranges from browse page, to checkout page, to search, etc. You will have 4 or 5 engineering managers reporting to you, each of which run teams ranging in size from 5-20 people.
The ideal hire here will be a great communicator and able to lead / build out a team. You won’t be managing teams directly but the managers instead. You’ll help recruit and help transform the teams to more of a DevOps-type culture. This company puts a major focus on work-life-balance, and as a result the average tenure of a technical hire is roughly four years.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience overseeing multiple engineering teams
- Experience building out teams
- Ability to maintain, grow and establish culture within an organization
- Subject matter expert when it comes to everything front end / UI-related
- Great communicator, able to communicate well with internal stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in the retail / eCommerce space
- Previous Director-level experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% UI Engineering
- 0% Hands On
- 50% Management Duties
- 25% Team Collaboration
- 25% Cross-team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $230K/year, plus 20% annual bonus, plus 10-20k sign on bonus, plus 50% employee discount.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Great Medical Coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous PTO policy
- Major emphasis on work-life-balance
- Much more
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.