Lead DevOps Engineer
A Machine-Learning Series A Startup that recently came out of stealth mode is looking for their 1st DevOps hire to build a team around. This start-up builds a SaaS platform that utilizes Artificial Intelligence and integrates seamlessly into their customer's environment and gives analytics on productivity. After recently securing a Series A they are growing Engineering in all areas to better support and add new features to their new customers.
This Lead DevOps Engineer will be their 1st Infrastructure hire for the company and they are looking for somebody to provide technical direction on their infrastructure. This Lead DevOps Engineer will not only need to be very hands on technically, but ideally have the ability to Lead a small team on projects. Having been founded in the last 2 years this start-up practices the latest practices for how to set up your Infrastructure. Due to that, they really need somebody who has come from a hosted AWS environment that utilizes Kubernetes in production. This person needs to have professional production level experience with Kubernetes.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years experience as a DevOps, Systems or Infrastructure Engineer.
- 2+ years experience working in a modern fully immutable infrastructure.
- Expertise in Terraform and other Hashicorp tools like Vagrant, Vault, etc.
- Expert-level proficiency with container environments like Docker and Kubernetes, and in cloud environments like AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure
- Scripting skills with bash, Ruby, Python or Go.
- Experience with Fluentd, Prometheus, Helm, GKE and similar tech
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines, and with tools like Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience with ELK or similar stacks
- Strong experience collaborating with other teams in Engineering.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience as a hands on manager.
- Knowledge of security.
- Previous experience in a Saas environment.
- 33% AWS
- 33% Kubernetes
- 33% Terraform and other automation tools
- 90% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K /year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Generous equity package
- 1 WFH per week
- Full beneftis
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.