Data Science Manager/Director
A startup that just moved into a new office in Palo Alto is revolutionizing the healthcare industry with their ground breaking innovation.They are creating a SaaS platform that helps patients is being more knowledgeable about all their health data. Anyone can use it to get a second opinion, coordinate with a caregiver, or donate to research. Their platform enables patients to get full access and control of their health data, allowing them to share it securely using block chain based smart contracts with family, doctors and providers, and extracting the relevant clinical context from it using ML and NLP to enable faster diagnosis and treatment.
They have been growing quickly and are looking to bring on a Data Science Leader to manage a team of world class Data Scientists. The ideal candidate will be ready to collaborate with key business stakeholders including CEO, CTO, and CFO, as well as lead a team of world class Data Scientists.
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD in Computer Science, Natural Language Processing, or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience leading end-to-end engineering and data science teams delivering consumer facing machine learning products
- Prior experience or strong passion to working the healthcare or bioinformatics industry
- Prior experience working with Natural Language Processing is strongly preferred
- Strong leadership qualities to manage and continue building a diverse team
- Managing delivery using agile methods (scrum) is a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Managerial Duties including sprint plans, code reviews, collaborating with CTO, etc.
- Salary: 250K
You will receive the following benefits:
- Catered lunch everyday as well as snacks/drinks
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Weekly team outings, happy hours, events
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.