This innovative startup has re-imagined meeting rooms for enterprises, delivering the only integrated hardware and software platform born in the cloud for intelligent in-room video conferencing. Their immersive conferencing solutions deliver instant collaboration so teams can get their best work done. With HD cameras and industry-leading audio powered by Dolby Voice, they make it feel like everyone is in the same room while still being affordable enough to enable collaboration for every employee and in every meeting room.
They run on desktops in a unique combination of pure-browser and native-app JS technologies. As a rich communication app, their desktop experience relies on various modern and emerging browser technologies including WebRTC, native notifications, and Bluetooth. The job involves a lot more than the typical single-page-app request/response concepts found elsewhere.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience in front end or full-stack software development
- Experience with at least some of the following: AngularJS or equivalent frameworks, Electron or nw.js, WebRTC, WebGL
- Conviction in the notion that frontend code is a first-class citizen in any good software system: that it have elegant architecture, be comprised of clean and maintainable code, and be accompanied by useful tests.
- A proven eye for visual aesthetics and good design
- A reputation of being among the top engineers in every team you've worked on
- The ability to work independently, anticipate problems and solve them without any guidance
What You Will Be Doing
- With a cross-functional squad of other engineers and designers, own full software development lifecycle for user-facing features. This includes working with back end experts to design and implement the most effective client-server protocols and overall system design.
- With your fellow members of the front end guild, share ownership of all aspects of production of the Highfive desktop app: feature requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, debugging, testability, and publishing.
- Constantly pay down technical debt and improve software development processes.
- Work with management to define and refine the front end technology roadmap.
- Evangelize and educate best practices for maintainable, beautiful code among the rest of the software organization.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Incredible team/work environment!
- Catered lunches
- Flexible scheduling
- Senior team of industry experts
- Basic health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401K with company match!
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity leave
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.