Principal Data Science
A private firm that has been exclusively focused on delivering exceptional results for long-term investors using high-conviction portfolios, rigorous research and individual accountability is looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join the data team.
The team is looking for someone who is passionate about data to drive business strategy and identify new areas of ROI through the firm's data assets. This position is a for 6-12 month contract, offers up 75/hr, ODE.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one common data analysis language such as Python, R, Matlab or SAS (Python and R are preferred)
Knowledge of common data structures and ability to write efficient code in at least one programming language (preferably Python, Scala, F#, Java, C#, or C++).
Experience with distributed systems and query languages like Spark/Hive/Pig and/or general map reduce computing is a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amounts of data to drive significant business impact.
- Expertise in machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and data mining algorithms.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Computational Linguistics, Operations Research, or related field. Master’s degree is required and PhD degree is preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and senior managers.
Experience with cloud analytics platforms such as Microsoft Azure/AWS/Google Cloud Platform.
- Competitive Pay: Up to $75/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Add additional perks specific to the work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.