Senior DevOps Engineer
A clinical research and drug safety company in Durham, NC are looking to bring on a Senior DevOps Engineer. They are ramping up a new project to develop a cloud-based solution cut costs from licensing fees in healthcare, leading to a large expense saving for those involved.
This project is just breaking ground, giving this candidate the opportunity to work closely with the CEO. Strong candidates will have experience in AWS with Docker as a plus.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years leading a DevOps team.
- Strong Linux administration.
- Experience with infrastructure in production with experience in monitoring
- Hands on experience with AWS cloud.
- CI/CD pipeline experience using build/release tools
- GitLab, Ant, ELK Stack & Maven
- Experience with Infrastructure as code using Terraform is a plus
- Containerization such as Docker
- Orchestration experience isn’t a must but preferred using Kubernetes.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
- Monitor and maintain build and release infrastructure
- Design, test and deliver infrastructure to improve the availability
Desired Skills & Experience
- Agile (Scrum) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications
- The ability to work collaboratively and to communicate technical concepts
- Network concepts, such as protocols
- (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses
- IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, load balancing, Firewall and VPN
- Solid database experience including database tuning
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with the development teams to ensure alignment of development needs
- Plan, manage and provide systems infrastructure and application support
- Evaluate solution options and make buy vs. build recommendations.
- Develop and implement DevOps operational best practices
- SaaS production experience and the ability to take ownership
- Keep customer-facing production environments up and running.
- Provide strategy for building DevOps CI/CD pipeline.
- Mentor/train DevOps & automation engineers.
Competitive Salary: Up to $145k/year, depending on experience
- Health and dental coverage,
- Unlimited PTO,
- Company match 401(k),
- Annual training budget of $2,500 and much more
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.