Senior Site Reliability Engineer
One of our clients engineering teams is using the latest technologies to build solutions that transform the way people research, buy and sell cars. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work as a member of an engineering team focused on building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems in the cloud. You will collaborate with some very smart people, focusing on performance and reliability, while increasing the development velocity of our software engineering teams. The ideal candidate for this position would be someone with deep understanding of systems architecture, tempered with knowledge of how applications interact with systems at scale. They will be comfortable working in AWS with the investigation into how the software performs, network traffic flows and service daemons interact with one another.
Required Skills & Experience
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting or programming language (we care that you know how to write code, not what language it is)
- Solid Windows and Linux experience
- Using distributed version control system experience (Git preferred) to check-in code, branching, merging, pull request, code review, etc.
- Hands-on experience building infrastructure and supporting applications in AWS using services such as Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, EC2, ECS, S3, SNS, Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, Route53
- Familiarity with configuration management and infrastructure as code (IaaC) tools such as Ansible, Terraform or Cloudformation
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices and tools such as AWS CodeBuild, Jenkins and Team City
- Experience designing and delivering secure, high performance and highly-available cloud services
- Experience working with partners to define and track SLIs, SLOs and SLAs using metrics and monitoring to ensure the objectives are met or exceeded
- Strong understanding of networking and DNS
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker
Desired Skills & Experience
- Someone who sees technology as a hobby and not work, you enjoy taking things apart and then putting them back together to improve them
- Experience working in an agile iterative developer-empowered environment where software delivery teams deploy and monitor their applications throughout the application lifecycle
- Experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting tools like New Relic, Splunk and Dynatrace
- Understand and practice cost containment and Game Day activities
- Caching layer technologies (Elasticache / Memcached, Redis) and CDN services such as Akamai or CloudFront
- Database operations at scale (MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo, Postgres)
- You thrive on technical challenges and take pride in solving them
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a concise, and persuasive manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on customer service
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
What You Will Be Doing
·60% Hands On
·10% Management Duties
·30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.