Senior Full-Stack Developer
2 in 3 adults are overweight or obese, meanwhile 40% of the food produced in North America is wasted. The food system clearly produces enough food for everyone, but there is a big disconnect between supply and demand.
This company is a mission to provide access to high-quality meals to everyone, while reducing the cost and time required. This gives us the unique opportunity to rethink how ready-to-eat meals are created, not just delivered. It also presents many interesting challenges in an effort to reduce labor, waste, inefficiencies, and build a food-chain from farm to fork in a digital world.
They have a team of multifaceted builders who care deeply about the problems people face around eating well. They are backed by world-class investors from Toronto, New York, and Silicon Valley. Our talented team of software engineers, hardware engineers, and operators have previously worked at such companies as Amazon, IBM, and Google.
Their CEO, CTO, and COO have worked at top tier companies such as Google X, Amazon, Open care, IBM. All have an engineering background from CPU sciences to Mechatronics. The leadership shows that the growth and their general company feel is reassuring because of the leaderships track record.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of software engineering experience on large or fast scaling products
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Backend development experience in Node/Express, or similar languages/frameworks
- Experience with distributed systems (event-driven architecture / SOA / microservices)
- Experience with front-end web frameworks such as AngularJS, React
- Experience developing responsive front-end interfaces
- Experience with relational (Postgres) and non-relational databases
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and operations (e.g. AWS, Heroku, CircleCI, docker)
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (e.g. SCSS, CoffeeScript, HTML, JSON, REST)
- Familiar with test frameworks, continuous integration, and TDD
- Experience with version control (e.g. git)
- Strong communication and ability to collaborate well with other teams
- Solid track record of overachieving
Desired Skills & Experience
- Loves challenging problems
- Insatiable thirst for impact
- Always learning and improving
- An overachiever
- Bias for action
- High attention to detail
- Strives for simplicity
- Takes ownership
- Deep thinker
- Strong fundamentals
- Delivering superior engineering (quality, stability, speed, best practices)
- Launching new products & features quickly
- Taking ownership and seeing initiatives through
- Mentoring teammates and raising the bar
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Front End
- 100% Hands On
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Sick Time Leave
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.