Java Software Engineer
A well-known non-profit in El Segundo is looking to bring on a Software Engineer. This non-profit successfully matches college graduates with the best medical schools, and med students with the best medical facilities. This lead engineer will be working on a team that is responsible for the company’s newest application that uses open-source technology to target college graduates and match them with the top med schools in the country. Qualified candidates should be comfortable in a lead role (about 80% hands-on 20% management), and have extensive experience with full-life cycle development. Day to day responsibilities will primarily consist of design and development for this new application as well as some integration with the company’s previous application. If you’re a senior engineer that is trying to make the jump to a lead role, or a lead engineer looking for a change this is the position for you!
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Java/JEE
- Experience with Scala or other JVM language
- Experience with AngularJS or similar (Ember, React, Backbone, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Great communication skills
- Previous experience in a lead role would be a huge plus
- Additional Pluses: MongoDB, Apache, cloud-computing
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, vision, and dental
- 401k with a match
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- Life insurance
- Flexible schedule and work from home
- Summer hours
- Growth opportunity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.