Director of Technical Operations
One of the most successful advertising agencies globally is looking for a hands-on Director of Technical Operations to lead their Technical Operations group. This Director of Technical Operations should be local to the Bay Area and will work out of their Downtown San Francisco office location. This Director of Technical Operations will oversee a department distributed across the globe (around 18-20 people total and growing). This Director of Technical Operations should have experience not only managing people, but also managing a high-availability Production Infrastructure. This Director of Technical Operations should be a subject matter expect for DevOps, CI/CD, security, AWS and all around best practices for managing/maintaining a modern Infrastructure.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in a hands-on DevOps or Systems Engineering role in high-availability environments.
- 4+ years managing Technical Operations.
- 3+ years experience provisioning and managing infrastructure in an AWS environment.
- Experience provision, scaling, managing and troubleshooting an infrastructure in the Cloud, preferably using AWS and all of its services (EC2, S3, auto-scaling- CloudWatch, etc.)
- Expert level Linux Systems Administration experience.
- Experience deploying, monitoring and supporting Java based applications.
- Proficient in scripting using Bash, Python or Ruby.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Salt.
- Strong experience improving a company’s Continuous integration and deployment pipeline (Jenkins).
- Experience setting up logging and systems monitoring systems with technologies like PagerDuty, Datadog, Prometheus, AppDynamics, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Security Operations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working in the Advertising or Marketing industry.
- Experience managing employees distributed across the world.
- Strong experience collaborating with other department heads.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Linux
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Management Duties
- Competitive Salary: Up to $235K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Full health benefits
- Yearly bonus
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) with matching
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.